Answered By: Main Library Last Updated: Mar 10, 2015 Views: 26
Click on the below link for either a book request or article request and complete the form.
Because the Gull Lake Library is not located at MSU in East Lansing, you may request to have materials delivered to the main campus. In order to retrieve materials from Gull Lake, you will need to read through the lending criteria and fill out the following forms. Please note that if the lending criteria has not been met, the library may not fill your request.
For Book Requests:
- A valid MSU ID is required.
- Eligible books are those that are held exclusively at Gull Lake, or Main Library books which are currently checked out.
- In cases where the Main Library copy and the Gull Lake copy are currently checked out, Main Library patrons must recall the copy from the main library.
- Gull Lake bound journals, unbound journals and reference are non-circulating.
- Only one book per form may be requested.
- Gull Lake Branch Library books have a loan period of two weeks and are renewable online.
Once you have submitted your form, you will be notified by e-mail that your materials are available for pick up at the Main Library on campus. Books and other loan requests are shipped to the main campus.
For Article Requests:
- A valid MSU ID is required
- Articles must be from journals held exclusively at Gull Lake. Exceptions are for Main Library journals which are currently at binding. If a patron has access to electronic journals, and the article requested is part of MSU's e-subscription, an e-mail will be sent directing the patron to this resource.
- Exceptions are not made for issues or volumes that are temporarily off the shelf at the main library.
- Please be aware that copyright law prohibits the library from photocopying multiple articles from the same issue of a journal.
- Only one article per form may be requested.
Once you have submitted your article request form, it will be scanned as a pdf. file and sent to the e-mail address you provide on the form.